This Page

has been moved to new address

No Good Choices But Go With the Issues?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): No Good Choices But Go With the Issues?

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No Good Choices But Go With the Issues?

It's getting down to the wire. I've heard again and again...we have no good choices for the Presidential election. But let me ask you this...do we EVER have a good choice really? As long as I can remember, it's been choosing the better of the two and not necessarily the best. Abraham Lincoln would be rolling over in his grave...or maybe he already is at this point. Look, if you can't decide...strip it down to the bare issues. I know we like to throw emotions into it or that "can't quite put your finger on" women's intuition...he's an old, old man or the other guy looks and sounds like a terrorist and can't be trusted and that kind of cr*p...let's break it down to the very basics.

This website does a pretty good job of letting you choose how you stand on a variety of issues..and yes, I was a bit confused too after this last debate...why do they keep changing things around or at least seeming to confuse us? Anyway, go to Glass Booth and answer the questions honestly. It'll tell you at the end who most aligns with your values and beliefs. In the end, that's what's most important. Now if you're one of those REALLY lucky people who has a sixth sense, then use that in your decision making...especially if it hasn't failed you yet. Me, I'm not that lucky and will go back to the basics. Looks like I align 71% with one of the candidates. It's a good thing that's who I picked on my absentee ballot! If you are overseas and haven't voted yet, please see your unit's voting assistance officer! Even though the deadline of timely arrival has passed, please still send in your vote. It still may make it in time.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was about in May when I searched a lot of quizzes and surveys to see where I truly fit. I was not exactly sure at first because I was never, really never, interested in politics before this election. I felt so much better after I finally figured it out. Glad to hear you voted - I hope everyone else gets out there and votes too!!

October 22, 2008 at 4:02 AM  
Blogger Marine Wife said...

Thanks for the link. I'd already sent in my absentee ballot but it was nice to see that I'd chosen the candidate that most agreed with me on the issues most important to me.

October 22, 2008 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

What if the candidate that is most aligned with the issues you care about not from one of the major parties? Is it throwing away your vote?

October 23, 2008 at 5:04 AM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Never look at yourself as throwing away a vote if you are not voting for one of the major two candidates. I am no fan of Ralph Nader, but I did watch an interview with him a few days ago...boy does he look old...and he says the reason he is running...he knows he is not going to win, he said that...he is running to bring to light many of these issues that need to be brought to the forefront. I think if you go back in history, you can see some of the causes he champion's getting more face time...and to him and many others, it was worth it. You can look at your vote like that as well. It is not doing nothing...it will mean something if you cast a vote...and that's what really matters.

October 23, 2008 at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home