This Page

has been moved to new address

Nurse Cookies in a Doctor's Bag

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Nurse Cookies in a Doctor's Bag

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nurse Cookies in a Doctor's Bag

Being so far away from family and friends, it's hard to realize you can't just pop on over when someone is sick or needs comforting. Yeah, a phone is great, so is the webcam thing....I've done flowers, store bought cards, even some handmade ones...but here again, I was looking for something different.

I really like to send get well baskets. I used to make them myself. It was such a bargain to collect second hand baskets from Goodwill and other second hand stores, store them in my basement, buy a big roll of cellophane that can easily last a decade...and have at it with any kind of goodie I could dream up to put inside. But, with us being overseas...shipping can be so expensive, so I save those big baskets and gifts for the holidays. So what else can you do to let that special someone know you are thinking of them?

I recently found a site called Cookie Pots. Almost everyone can appreciate a good cookie. So, now for $20, I can send a doctor's bag or a Campbell's Soup bag, with a few cookies to munch on...and then an extra special cookie in the shape of a nurse. You can add a nice note, order online and shipping is superfast. They even have a few DVDs that can be thrown in. Note to Cookie Pots, please add more movie choices.

Would anyone else like to share ideas of what you like to send? Or receive?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This company is AMAZING! They have the cutest stuff!!! I ordered something for my sweetie for Halloween today! Thanks for the recommendation!

October 17, 2008 at 7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just ordered cookies from www.davidscookies.com and found a coupon on www.retailmenot.com to boot! Cookies are GREAT! Just ask my 20-month-old!! :)

October 20, 2008 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger tootie said...

Thanks for the site! I'm always looking for good gift ideas for family and friends.

Last year I sent some popcorn baskets from the Popcorn factory for Christmas gifts. People seemed to like that. And Omaha Steaks is also popular with my family.

October 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home