This Page

has been moved to new address

No Need for Expensive PhotoShop; Use the Online Fotoflexer

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): No Need for Expensive PhotoShop; Use the Online Fotoflexer

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Friday, November 7, 2008

No Need for Expensive PhotoShop; Use the Online Fotoflexer

I am cheap. I'm just going to admit it. I refuse to pay many hundreds of dollars for photoshopping picture software for our computer. I've been pretty happy with Google's Picasa. It does most everything I need it for....until I needed to do a few more high tech...or at least my impression of high tech....stuff. So I started looking elsewhere.

That's when I found Fotoflexer. I had taken a photo of one of our volunteers...actually it was a photo of our volunteer, with another volunteer...and a lantern growing out of the head of the volunteer whose picture I needed to turn in for an award. So, now what? I didn't want to hunt her down...she lives more than few villages from me....I didn't know when I'd see her again and the photo was due....yesterday. So, here I had this photo that wasn't quite acceptable. But it was my only hope at this point.

The great thing about Fotoflexer, is that you can use it online, nothing to download. When you are done manipulating your photo, you can save the new and improved photo to your computer and leave the site and move on to something else.

I ended up

Honestly, I can't imagine having done a better job with any kind of software with zero training. Give it a try and tell me how it works out for you. If you know of any other similar software you like, post it here too.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sweet European Dreams said...

Thanks for posting this! I was thinking that I was going to have to break down and buy a program, but this sounds like what I actually need. Great post!

November 8, 2008 at 2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a Goddess!!!! I was thinking of breaking down and buying something to do our christmas cards and this is perfect!!!!

November 8, 2008 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Digital Flower Pictures said...

You are going to have to pry my Photoshop from my cold dead hands :lol:

November 10, 2008 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Hey, I'd love to have Photoshop any day of the week! My stepmom is a professional photographer on the side...and I am constantly amazed with what she can do with that. I am just too cheap...and not talented enough to splurge on that...so I'm going with the next best thing:-))

November 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger C. Parish said...

I actually found this site a few months ago as well. I used to have a graphics program that I loved, but it is outdated and my disc broke. I had no choice but to move on. I tried an expensive one, but it just wouldn't do what I wanted it to. This website is good for some easy fixes and I just won't be doing the higher tech stuff anymore. Oh well!

February 10, 2011 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home