This Page

has been moved to new address

Now I've Seen Everything

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Now I've Seen Everything

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Now I've Seen Everything

Many of you know I love to get catalogs...and just look through them. It doesn't mean I'm buying...I'm just looking...although looking will get you to occasionally buy, right? Well, over here in Germany...they have catalogs too. I decided to order a few in my German mail, and they dutifully started arriving this past week. There were some interesting ones in there with your average fare of catalog stuff of goodies. There was this one catalog though, where I had to say, "what the heck is that?"

This catalog kind of reminded me of our Hammacher Schlemmer or what is it called...Brookstone, with lots of gadgets and things. I can understand the gadgets of course...I like gadgets myself...I even understood the pet ramp to get your dog to walk up into your van or SUV and the mini digital camera...but what is that thing below?
Ride 'em cowboy! They call the thing therapeutic riding. I'm guessing it's not like one of those bullrider things...can you imagine having that in your living room? But look at the photo again. It has stirrups and everything. My mind is working in overdrive figuring out the possibilities...anyhow...

Or how about this gumby suit below? At least that's the first thing I thought of....this man has an uncanny resemblance to gumby. Doesn't he look like gumby? Do you remember gumby or am I too old? They say it's a sleeping bag you can move around in. But...who wants to move around in your fartsack? I thought the whole point is to cuddle up in there and then go to sleep? Who walks around? Is that something you can see yourself doing or wanting to do?

The most embarrassing looking thing I wouldn't be caught carrying around in the airport...or anywhere else for that matter is this shoebag thing. Each of these huge compartments is for ONE pair of shoes...so I guess if you have three pairs of shoes, it'll be stacked about waist high? How do you carry that? How do you carry the rest of your bags? Ridiculous...

What are some of the craziest things you've seen in a catalog? Remember Harriet Carter and Lillian Vernon? They sometimes have corny gadgets and those tshirts with the stupid sayings among other things. Or, what would you like to see in your next catalog?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to go to Germany to find The Five Axis Mechanical Core Muscle Trainer ... just your German friends at Hammacher Schlemmer ... http://www.hammacher.com/publish/11193.asp

October 30, 2008 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home