This Page

has been moved to new address

Trying to Crockpot in a Microwave Society

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Trying to Crockpot in a Microwave Society

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trying to Crockpot in a Microwave Society

Now that our financial bubble has burst, I often wonder if we will go back to the ways of our grandparents? Can our microwave society adjust to a crockpot setting? I guess it's going to have to, to survive...or maybe not survive but to thrive again.

I watched a piece on the news yesterday...it was British TV. Even they are blaming us Americans for everything. We are so accustomed to getting everything now and, then...maybe, if we feel like it....or remember too....try to pay for it later. Living beyond our means. Spending more than we make.We want everything now and yesterday.

And the worst part of it, is for those of us who have been goody two shoes and responsible and saving rather than spending...we are going to pay for it too, because if we don't...what we value and have for ourselves won't be worth caca anyway...is that a word? I'm getting sidetracked...I guess I need to stop looking at our retirement stuff online...it makes me in a foul mood.

Are you a spender or a saver? If you were one or the other...do you think you'll change? How far and why?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cracked out thing though, is that the Brits were leveraged in real estate and credit even heavier than we were!

I used to be a spender for sure. I confused wants with needs. But over the past year or so I took a hard look around me and realized that the things I was buying weren't making me happy... If anything, the clutter of stuff was bringing me down. Selling some of the stuff on Craigslist--and feeling quite giddy to see it go--has only been positive reinforcement.

I would say I am definitely a reformed saver. :-)

November 12, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home