This Page

has been moved to new address

Denture Tabs are Not Just for Dentures

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Denture Tabs are Not Just for Dentures

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Denture Tabs are Not Just for Dentures

My grandmom had dentures. I still remember when I was a child, watching the fizzing tablets in the glass. I guess they did a good job. She used the things for years. Did you ever see a product and wonder what else you could use it for? I know I typically don't. It took a friend to show me the finer points of denture tabs and what they could do to help me in my cleaning routine.

  • Drop them in your toilet bowl. Not to get gross, but the tabs attack the surface of the bowl just like grandmom's dentures. I like to leave it in for a few hour, and I'm always amazed at what a good job it does. Swish around a brush a few times, and you're done.
  • Clean the gunk out of your flowervase. I like fresh flowers. I don't love them because of what happens to them (and the container) as they die. It's depressing for me to watch them die like that! And I always leave them in there a bit longer, when all that crap starts to collect around the ring. That's okay. Just get that water out, put in some fresh water and drop in a tablet. Let it sit a few hours and the ring and yucky stuff will be gone with just rinsing it out.
  • Get tea and coffee stains out of cups and mugs. Every once in awhile I drink some tea that leaves some awful stains in there. Let a tab sit in a cup of water, and you'll see the stains lift away.
  • Clean out your coffee machine or teapot of mineral deposits. Let the stuff sit overnight in warm water, and your stuff looks almost new.
Do you know of any other uses for denture tabs? Do you have any other household items that you use for other than the intended use?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home