This Page

has been moved to new address

Overseas Spouses - FREE College for You

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!): Overseas Spouses - FREE College for You

Life Lessons of a Military Wife (overseas in Europe!)

My goal here is to make your life easier, especially those who are in the unique situation of being a military spouse. Yes...I've been around...but in a good way...and hopefully can share those tips, tricks and shortcuts with you too. I've been on this military bus for over 40 years now. My goals in life are to have a well-run home, few money worries, well adjusted children, money socked away and whatever happiness I can scoop out of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

After life as an Army brat, being in the Army myself and marrying a soldier, I can honestly say I have a bucket full of life lessons I can share to help you make your everyday life easier and enlightening. Don't waste your time making unnecessary mistakes and benefit from others who have come before you on your journey through life.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Overseas Spouses - FREE College for You

I've been amiss at posting the last few days. I have actually started working....yes, at a real job and a real desk...and after 12 years of not having a paid, regular job too. I'll be blogging sometime in the future about the experience and unfortunately, won't have much time to blog on the issues that I find important...gosh darn it. So please forgive me if there are gaping holes in my blog in the next few years! I wanted to tell you about a program, just for overseas spouses, that pays for your undergraduate education. I have a few ladies in my units that already took advantage. One only has six more class to go in her undergraduate degree. Here's how to take advantage of this great program.

Apparently, Army Emergency Relief (AER) has such a huge surplus of funds...imagine that...that they decided to pay for Army spouses overseas to go to school and earn their degrees. Now it's only for undergraduate studies, so no Master's Degree for me or you, but please do check it out! There's no saying how long the program will continue, so don't dilly-dally!

Overseas Spouse Education Assistance Program (OSEAP)

If any of my readers have experience with this program, please post below. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mila said...

im looking smth for masters LOL
but ... is this program just for ARMY spouses or military in general?

September 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

You are correct. This is for Army spouses only.

September 30, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Sweet European Dreams said...

yes, AER is incredible! They bailed us out of a whopping $2,000 oil bill (for our freezing cold/uninsulated German home). AER also never has any fees or interest rates - you pay back exactly what you borrowed. Wonderful!

October 1, 2008 at 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea such a program existed. I'm writing a post about it now! What a great thing :)

October 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger kristina ivey said...

now im wondering what sorts of degrees are offered in Stuttgart. I cant seem to find anything online...great info!

June 16, 2010 at 3:27 AM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Check below

http://www.stuttgart.army.mil/sites/services/edcenter.asp

June 16, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home